Position: VAN (Mobile Clinic) Driver – RMNH Project
Job by: – Pastoralist Concern
Code: – RIF/PC/08/2016
Category: Automotive, Logistics
Management Location: Afdher and Siti Zones
Career Level: Mid-Level (2+-5 years’ experience)
Employment Type: Full time Salary with other basic benefits
Duration of the contract: Depend on the project life
Pastoralist Concern (PC) is a pastoralist initiated, inspired and led Civil Society Organization (CSO) committed to Ethiopian pastoralist development and founded in 1995. As our people are from pastoralist communities, we know and understand pastoralism and its dynamics not from blue prints but from having lived the life. Our vision is “to see improved and sustainable livelihood of the pastoralist communities of Ethiopia and further realize strong co-operations with neighboring countries’ pastoralist communities.”
We are an equal opportunity organization dedicated to our core values of Accountability, Ambition, Collaboration, Creativity and Integrity. Our culture is embedded in these values, along with a strong commitment to our Pastoralist communities. PC offers sound employment conditions with opportunities for personal growth and development.
Pastoralist Concern (PC) and its implementing partners, has been granted “Waayeel Reproductive, Maternal and Newborn Health Program” on utilization of RMNH service to be undertaken at 32 Pastoralist Woredas from four Zones (Siti, Nogob, Afdhere and Liben) in Ethiopian Somali Regional State. The project areas are among the hard-to-reach woredas in the country and have been given priority by MoH/DFID /RIF’s project on improving the utilization of RMNH services.
- Deliver full range transport service for organization use to ensure safe, reliable fleet to help in work on community satisfaction and regulatory compliance.
- Observe prescribed work, safety rules and respond to service calls.
- Perform minor mechanical repairs / service: Service vehicles according to established preventive maintenance schedule. Rotate and change tires; change oil and filters; grease vehicle parts; inspect and replace bulbs, and Top up all fluid levels
- Maintain accurate, updated records of preventive maintenance in adherence to vehicle policy
- Inspect vehicles regularly, evaluate condition of systems, equipment, accessories, and light and reports any mechanical problems of vehicle to supervisor for repair /parts replacement and keep vehicle accessories counted, logo intact, functional safety tools kits and equipment.
- Maintain vans, cars and work area clean, fueled and in good condition at all times
- Maintain log books and fuel consumption records on a regular basis, Take cautious measures on keeping original keys, tools, reserve tires/rims and communicate officially when needed.
- Consistently monitor vehicle performance , submit maintenance request or advice timely and follow-up accomplishments
- Prepare monthly vehicle usage report and submit timely
- Provide administrative support to the unit and other divisions/departments per request
- Qualifications Required: 12th or 10+2, TVET Diploma , 3rd grade valid driving license
- Work Experience: Minimum of three years of related work.
- Technical Skills and Abilities
- Technical Training qualifications required: Minimum third grade driving license
- Basic English spoken and writing.
- Skill in routine vehicle maintenance and minor repairs.
- Able to carry out limited, un-supervised tasks.
- Additional Requirements: Committed to PC vision, mission and core values.
- Place of Work: Afdher and Siti Zones
How to Apply
- A complete CV with 3 references (not more than 3 pages)
- A cover letter (not more than one page)
- A one page table summarizing your educational background, work experience, technical skills and competencies to facilitate the screening process. Refer the code of the position while doing this
Please DO NOT SUBMIT copies of transcripts, academic degrees or recommendation letters with the application. You will provide them upon request.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU STATE THE CODE OF THE VACANCY ON THE SUBJECT OF YOUR EMAIL. For hard copy applicants you can forward your application through Pastoralist Concern; P.O. Box 123034 Addis Ababa; Ethiopia, physically to Pastoralist Concern Head Office or all Field Offices ensuring that the job title is clearly stated in the cover letter. All applications should be received within 10 days of this advertisement.
Address:- Saris Addis Sefer in front of Nifas silk painting Factory CHEM – HOUSE Building 3nd Floor Door # 307 Tel: +251-114-42-62-32/33; Field Office Tel: +251-464-73-00-54/55 and +251-2-54-58-01-64
In the selection of its staff, Pastoralist Concern is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion, and without discrimination of persons with disabilities.
“We strive for pastoralist Development Innovation and as such, our selection process reflects our commitment to ensuring that only those who are suitable to work with pastoralist communities are considered for these posts. All successful applicants will, therefore, be required to complete a Police Check and must sign onto our Policy and Code of Conduct.”
Note: All travel costs should be covered by the applicant if invited for written exam or interview.