Position: Project Accountant – RMNH Project
Job by: – Pastoralist Concern
Category: Accounting and Finance
Management Location: Addis Ababa with frequent travel to field Woredas
Career Level: Mid-Level (5 + years’ experience)
Employment Type: Full time Salary with other basic benefits
Duration of the contract: Depend on the project life
Pastoralist Concern (PC) is a pastoralist initiated, inspired and led Civil Society Organization (CSO) committed to Ethiopian pastoralist development and founded in 1995. As our people are from pastoralist communities, we know and understand pastoralism and its dynamics not from blue prints but from having lived the life. Our vision is “to see improved and sustainable livelihood of the pastoralist communities of Ethiopia and further realize strong co-operations with neighboring countries’ pastoralist communities.”
We are an equal opportunity organization dedicated to our core values of Accountability, Ambition, Collaboration, Creativity and Integrity. Our culture is embedded in these values, along with a strong commitment to our Pastoralist communities. PC offers sound employment conditions with opportunities for personal growth and development.
Pastoralist Concern (PC) and its implementing partners, has been granted “Waayeel Reproductive, Maternal and Newborn Health Program” on utilization of RMNH service to be undertaken at 32 Pastoralist Woredas from four Zones (Siti, Nogob, Afdhere and Liben) in Ethiopian Somali Regional State. The project areas are among the hard-to-reach woredas in the country and have been given priority by MoH/DFID /RIF’s project on improving the utilization of RMNH services.
Being an employee of the Pastoralist Concern (PC) the Roving Project Accountant is expected to represent PC in a responsible manner and always act in accordance with PC’s Code of Conduct.
- Support the Finance and Admin Officer in Addis Ababa in day to day reconciliations and financial analysis;
- Review financial reports and documents from the field offices and insure that they are timely submit;
- Review financial report submitted by partners and provides immediate feedback as necessary
- Ensuring that all partners submit their financial report on timely fashion and fund to be transferred to partners without delay
- Insure that asset register is updated regularly and match physical assets;
- Liaise with partnership unit for timely submission of accurate financial reports.
- Ensure budget and other operational policy and producers are respected by partners.
- Support day-to-day accounting functions of the accountant, including regular cash verification, bank and balance sheet accounts reconciliation, monthly closing, timely submission of financial reports to the Financial Controller
- Ensure up-to-date accurate accounting system, including: computer data entry and paper file system
- Track expenditure to ensure spending is in line with operational budget
- Monitor budget utilization and ensure proper financial management and utilization of funds.
- Assist in yearend closing and audit document preparation;
- Maintain open communication with Finance, program staff and others for all financial clarifications;
- Any other duties assigned by supervisor.
Education and relevant Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Finance or Accounting
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- At least 2 years of INGO experience is a plus
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Strict attention to policy and practice detail
- Very strong financial analysis skills
- High integrity
- Good knowledge of financial reporting systems in donor funded work
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Good cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Excellent computer skills with hands on experience on computerized accounting systems Quick book, Peachtree etc
- Planning and delivering results
- Handling insecure environments
- Empowering and building trust
- Finance Staff in the fields.
- Finance staff in Addis
- Project Managers/ Coordinators
- Logistics Staff
- Donor representatives
How to Apply
- A complete CV with 3 references (not more than 3 pages)
- A cover letter (not more than one page)
- A one page table summarizing your educational background, work experience, technical skills and competencies to facilitate the screening process. Refer the code of the position while doing this.
Please DO NOT SUBMIT copies of transcripts, academic degrees or recommendation letters with the application. You will provide them upon request.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU STATE THE CODE OF THE VACANCY ON THE SUBJECT OF YOUR EMAIL. For hard copy applicants you can forward your application through Pastoralist Concern; P.O. Box 123034 Addis Ababa; Ethiopia, physically to Pastoralist Concern Head Office or all Field Offices ensuring that the job title is clearly stated in the cover letter. All applications should be received within 10 days of this advertisement.
Address:- Saris Addis Sefer in front of Nifas silk painting Factory CHEM – HOUSE Building 3nd Floor Door # 307 Tel: +251-114-42-62-32/33; Field Office Tel: +251-464-73-00-54/55 and +251-2-54-58-01-64
In the selection of its staff, Pastoralist Concern is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion, and without discrimination of persons with disabilities.
“We strive for pastoralist Development Innovation and as such, our selection process reflects our commitment to ensuring that only those who are suitable to work with pastoralist communities are considered for these posts. All successful applicants will, therefore, be required to complete a Police Check and must sign onto our Policy and Code of Conduct.”
Note: All travel costs should be covered by the applicant if invited for written exam or interview.