Position: Cashier/Accountant – RMNH Project
Job by:-Pastoralist Concern
Category: Accounting and Finance
Management Location: Jigjiga
Career Level: Senior Level (2+-5 years’ experience)
Employment Type: Full time Salary with other basic benefits
Duration of the contract: Depend on the project life
Pastoralist Concern (PC) is a pastoralist initiated, inspired and led Civil Society Organization (CSO) committed to Ethiopian pastoralist development and founded in 1995. As our people are from pastoralist communities, we know and understand pastoralism and its dynamics not from blue prints but from having lived the life. Our vision is “to see improved and sustainable livelihood of the pastoralist communities of Ethiopia and further realize strong co-operations with neighboring countries’ pastoralist communities.”
We are an equal opportunity organization dedicated to our core values of Accountability, Ambition, Collaboration, Creativity and Integrity. Our culture is embedded in these values, along with a strong commitment to our Pastoralist communities. PC offers sound employment conditions with opportunities for personal growth and development.
Pastoralist Concern (PC) and its implementing partners, has been granted“Waayeel Reproductive, Maternal and Newborn Health Program” on utilization of RMNH service to be undertaken at 32 Pastoralist Woredas from four Zones (Siti, Nogob, Afdhere and Liben) in Ethiopian Somali Regional State. The project areas are among the hard-to-reach woredas in the country and have been given priority by MoH/DFID /RIF’s project on improving the utilization of RMNH services.
Responsibilities of a Cashier
- Maintains petty cash that operates on revolving fund system and effect payment when its approved
- Prepare request for replenishment of petty cash on replenishment form with necessary supporting documents when 75% of petty cash utilized
- Collect bank statements, bank advice from bank and submit bank transfer letters to banks
- Submit letters to government office and non government bodies, deal with routine correspondence on behalf of PC
- Prepare payroll and Pay salaries to staff based on approved payroll
- Verifies the validity and reliability of all documents received before preparing payment vouchers
- Ensure deduction(collection) of relevant taxes for service and goods procured by PC
- Ensure timely payments of telephone bill, electricity bill, income tax, withholding tax, and pension fund to the concerned government bodies
- Ensure timely settlement of advances from staff and project sites
- Maintain records of fixed assets and supplies with stock card
- Receive office supplies and fixed asset with goods receiving note
- Issued office supplies and fixed asset with store issue note when its approved
- Provide photocopy, printing service and scan documents for the office
- Insure the fixed assets are registered in inventory books and are tagged with inventory identification number
- Support the staff by completing weekly responsibilities and provide receptionist back-up.
- To complete and coordinate administrative/general tasks common to/for the entire organization.
- Keep the office orderly and well stocked with necessary supplies.
- Complete objectives in a timely fashion to avoid any unnecessary interruptions to daily business.
- Exceptionally organized with documents, procedures and office work area.
- Proficient typist, Willingness to perform a variety of jobs as requested, Good Proofreading skills.
- Excellent Computer knowledge. Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point 2007 and knowledge of Photoshop. Learn and become proficient in the organization’s management system (Applied) and other carrier software or websites, as needed.
- Pick up and drop off mail at the post office. Sort and distribute incoming mail. Scan to Inboxes or deliver hard copy when required.
- Help to keep copy/print rooms, conference rooms, break room neat and organized.
- Back-up person for the receptionist including scheduled breaks and full days to cover for Vacation days, etc.
- Assist with Promotional events and ideas & execution. Order, keep neat, and organize Promotional items Track purchases & costs, insure filing of partners folders in file cabinets Keep forms and brochures supplied.
- Assistant the monthly consultative meeting and workshop event (purchase/order food and any additional tasks needed)
- Perform other related activities as required
Education and relevant Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Finance or Accounting
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience
- At least 2 years of INGO experience is a plus
How to Apply
- A complete CV with 3 references (not more than 3 pages)
- A cover letter (not more than one page)
- A one page table summarizing your educational background, work experience, technical skills and competencies to facilitate the screening process. Refer the code of the position while doing this
Please DO NOT SUBMIT copies of transcripts, academic degrees or recommendation letters with the application. You will provide them upon request.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU STATE THE CODE OF THE VACANCY ON THE SUBJECT OF YOUR EMAIL. For hard copy applicants you can forward your application through Pastoralist Concern; P.O. Box 123034 Addis Ababa; Ethiopia, physically to Pastoralist Concern Head Office or all Field Offices ensuring that the job title is clearly stated in the cover letter. All applications should be received within 10 days of this advertisement.
Address:- Saris Addis Sefer in front of Nifas silk painting Factory CHEM – HOUSE Building 3nd Floor Door # 307 Tel: +251-114-42-62-32/33; Field Office Tel: +251-464-73-00-54/55 and +251-2-54-58-01-64
In the selection of its staff, Pastoralist Concern is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion, and without discrimination of persons with disabilities.
“We strive for pastoralist Development Innovation and as such, our selection process reflects our commitment to ensuring that only those who are suitable to work with pastoralist communities are considered for these posts. All successful applicants will, therefore, be required to complete a Police Check and must sign onto our Policy and Code of Conduct.”
Note: All travel costs should be covered by the applicant if invited for written exam or interview.